Pine nuts are dry fruits which is also known as chilgoza pine or Chilgoza. In Persian it means 40 nuts in one cone. Pine nuts are perfect source of nutrition since the Palaeolithic eras. They are crunchy and delicious small seeds under the pine cone. They are known from different names like cedar, pinon and pinyon. The tree of chilgoza are found in north-western Himalayas in Chilas which is located in Daimer district Gilgit Baltistan . These trees are about 10-20 tall usually deep, wide and open crowns with long branches. Pine nuts are also used in many dishes to enrich its taste because the oil extract from pine nuts are very delicious and healthy as well.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION OF PINE NUTS:
- Calories 673 kcal
- Carbohydrates 13.08 g
- Fats 68.37 g
- Fibers 3.7 g
- Protein 13.69 g
- Improves cholesterol: pine nuts are rich with unsaturated fats that helps to lose cholesterol. Oleic acid in pine nuts help livers to remove triglycerides.
- Weight loss: Pine nuts help those people who want to lose their weight. A study has found that exchanging healthy unsaturated from saturated fats can support you to lose weight without decreasing calorie.
- Eye health: Pine nuts hold antioxidants and beta-carotene which are very good for eye health.
- Energy: Pine nuts are helps to boost energy. It contains protein that burns fuels from the body and give instant source of energy.
- Healthy skin: Pine nut have vitamin E which enhance and take care of the cell present in skin and moisturize the skin and give a healthy and fresh look.
- Anti-depression: Pine nuts are enriched with magnesium and magnesium is very good to improve mood. Pine nuts helps in reducing depression, stress and anxiety. It calms you mentally and physically.
- Heart disease: Pine nut contains vitamin E and magnesium which reduce the risk of heart disease.
- There is good and bad in everything same goes with the pine nuts. It also have some side effects which are following:
- Allergic: people who are allergic to nuts should avoid using pine nut or any product made from pine nut.
- Appetite Suppressant: A study published in the "Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology" reveal that when consumed pine nut. It can produce the feeling of fullness. Which can lead to reduction of normal food consumption.
- Taste disturbance: It is been complain by many people that sometimes pine nut gives a disturbing taste which last long for months.
PINE NUT OIL
Before the revolution pine nut oil was the main oil used in home of Russians. At that era 10% of currency was based on the trade of this pine nut oil. It is extracted only from the edible seeds of pine. There are many varieties of pine nut like European, American, Siberian and etc. So the oil extracted from different seeds are also of different varieties. In which Siberian pine nut oil is believed to be superior. The oil which is extracted from pine nut seed have many benefits and nowadays many chefs use it in their recipe to bring more flavour in their dish.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acid
- Vitamin E and F
- Phosphatidic phosphorous
BENEFITS OF PINE NUT OIL
- Pine nut oil is a great source of nutrition
- This oil helps in reducing weight loss
- The amino acid in this oil are beneficial to the progress of organs. That’s why it is important for children’s, teenagers and for pregnant women’s
- This oil works to improve digestive problems
- It also have the ability to improve mental health
- PINE NUT OIL SIDE EFFECTS
- This oil is very concentrated and that’s why sometimes it cause skin irritation to those who have sensitive skin
- Pine nut oil a lack of appetite for those people who ingest it and it may cause low food consumption
Pine nut is a very famous dry fruit. It is famous in many places like Gilgit Pakistan Afghanistan, India, China and many other countries as well. It is a very healthy dry fruit containing many minerals and vitamins in it. So this winter due consume it.